Working as one team with Magic Circle law firm Linklaters on major private M&A transactions in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the Z&Co. team has wide experience with both share and asset acquisition structures.
Some examples of recent transactions that the firms have jointly advised on are:
- Savola Group on the acquisition of a 51% stake in the Al Kabeer group, a frozen foods business in the Middle East, from the Subberwal family;
- The Public Investment Fund on the EUR 4.4 billion acquisition of a 55%-stake in AccorInvest;
- Standard Chartered Bank, on the USD $75 million fundraising and subsequent minority equity investment in Construction Products Holding Company;
- TasHeel on its disposal of 100% of its Middle Eastern visa facility management business, VSF Global, and its 50% interest in VFS Tasheel, the outsourced visa services partners of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia of Saudi Arabia;
- Schneider Electric on the sale of its Saudi Arabian transportation business to Kapsch TrafficCom AG;
- Lockheed Martin on its acquisition of Sikorsky;
- Novartis International AG in relation to its acquisition of GSK’s oncology products, the combination of its OTC business with GSK’s consumer business in a joint venture, and the sale of its Saudi Vaccines business to GSK;
- Yildiz Holdings on the acquisition of United Biscuits from funds managed by Blackstone and PAI Partners; and
- Saudi Industrial Recycling Company (a subsidiary of the Public Investment Fund) on its acquisition of Global Environmental Management Services LLC.