Led by Sarah Gonem, our team of lawyers works hand-in-hand with a wide range of government ministries and authorities to support achieving their ambitious mandates set in line with Vision 2030 and the Vision Realisation Programs.
Whether we are drafting new laws and regulations; providing detailed strategic project support built on international comparative exercises and benchmarks; or providing day-to-day legal function support like the development of service agreements, we ensure we partner with our clients to deliver the best service to achieve their objectives.
Our government advisory practice group has worked on ground-breaking and high-profile projects, including:
- Advising the Ministry of Finance on three new regulations to be issued under the new Government Tenders and Procurement Law;
- Advising the Royal Commission for Mecca City and the Holy Sites (RCMC) on its new Regulations, approved by Royal Order.
- Advising the PIF in relation to the legal structuring and establishment of the Amaala Project, an ultra high-net-worth tourist resort on the Red Sea.
- Advising a PIF-owned subsidiary on the regeneration of a 15 km2 area in the Centre of Riyadh.
- Advising the General Authority of the Diplomatic Quarter on a wide-range of regulatory and commercial lawmatters.
- Advising the PIF and SAR in relation to the execution of the Haramain High-Speed Railway project.
- Drafting the proposed new Public Health Law for the Ministry of Health.
- Advising the Ministry of Transport on lease of their lands.
- Drafting ‘Violations Lists’ for a government ministry, summarizing all violations and penalties applicable to companies and establishments operating in a particular sector.
- Advising a State-owned company as to the authorities enabling it to carry out a wide-reaching project in the labour market.
- Advising a State-owned company as to the authorities allocated to it as part of the PPP regime in its sector.
- Advising a State-owned investment fund on the authorities allocated to it in relation to investment of its funds.